- X's & O's Vault
- All Back Issues
Issues By Year
- Gridiron Store
- Contact Us
Vol III - 20173. Letter From the Managing Editor
4. RPO Packaged Plays - Kristian Johnson, Assistant Coach, Tyler Junior College
8. The Nuts and Bolts of Power Football - Joe Hensel, Offensive Line Coach, Carthage College
17. Tampa Coverage - Zack Wilkerson, Defensive Coordinator, Hardin-Simmons University
22. The Art of the Pass Rush - Payam Saadat, Defensive Line Coach, Cal Poly
25. Returning to Play Following Injury: Basic Assessments to Determine Functional Status - Bryan Dorrel, Assistant Professor, Tarleton State University
28. From the GS Archives: The Quad Option - Rick Martin, Offensive Line Coach, Marlboro County High School (SC)
- from the August-September issue of GS - Vol. 9, Number 2 - 2009
X's & O's FROM THE VAULT
DIAGRAM: This is a great play-action call off our “Guns Right, 35 Counter” play. The Z-back blocks the DE for a two-count and then runs to the flat. The QB and B-back fake the 35-Counter play and the QB boots deep to the outside. The play-side OG and OT pull as if they are blocking for the counter play. The A-back runs a 10- to 12-yard drag route and receiver Y runs a post/corner or clear out.
MORE X's & O's
Back Issues |
600 Sandtree Drive, Suite 107
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33407
Copyright 2018, Gridiron Strategies
a division of
AFM Media, LLC.
All Rights Reserved.